Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education: Strand 2 – Partnership for transformation in higher education
(Topic ID: ERASMUS-EDU-2022-CBHE-STRAND-2)
Title: International Masters in Embedded Artificial Intelligence (EmbeddedAI)
Consortium: University of Siegen (Germany), KTH Institute of Technology (Sweden), University of Klagenfurt (Austria), University of Port Harcourt (Nigeria), University of Abuja (Nigeria), Michael Okpara University of Agriculture (Nigeria), Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (Nigeria), Obafemi Awolowo University (Nigeria).
The EmbeddedAI project aims to enhance the skill set for modelling, designing and analysing artificial intelligence on embedded systems for engineers by strengthening the Nigerian HE training and curricula with state-of-the-art European standards and technologies.
The project’s goal is to establish and align study programs for a Master of Science in Embedded Artificial Intelligence to facilitate entrepreneurship opportunities and serve the Nigerian industry. The project aims to strengthen the links between university-enterprise cooperation, entrepreneurship and employability of graduates in Nigeria and encourage the culture of practice-oriented and industry-motivated training in Nigeria’s HE systems that are historically more theoretically oriented.
In order to achieve these goals, EmbeddedAI aims at the following.
- Provide expertise in primary focus areas: Embedded systems and Artificial intelligence for the industry in programme and partner countries – Increase the mobility, capacities and advance knowledge, skills, and competencies in Embedded Systems.
- Develop pedagogical methods to control the teaching tracks, direct and implement learning outcomes and achieve a high level of knowledge, skills, and competencies in practice to create top talent in the field.
- Analyze the (EmbeddedAI) program requirements.
- Execute training courses for faculty members and staff.
- Create and develop technical courses to immediately meet market needs.
- Set the program admission policies dealing with institutional regulations and national legislation problems.
- Identify the targeted students based on quantitative and qualitative analysis of the market needs for graduates with Embedded Systems and Artificial intelligence skills.
- Establish advanced labs in the project partner universities equipped with the latest hardware and software tools.
- Cooperate with local networks of companies and experts.
- Align with the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) and EU-related initiatives such as U-Multirank and others.
- Economic entrepreneurship: Management skills shall be conveyed as required for founding start-ups and strengthening the industry.
- Create dual study opportunity: Company involvement, including internships and master thesis performed in collaboration with industry.
- International mobility and job opportunities through alignment between partner and programme countries
- Involvement of rural areas: rural areas shall be a particular focus of the project, thereby mitigating unbalances in education
- Establishing summer school/winter school